Power IT is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide us, will be processed by us.
Who we are and what we do
We are a recruitment agency and we collect personal data from the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business:
- Prospective and placed candidates for permanent and contract roles
- Employees, consultants, contract workers
Types of Data We Collect
In order to provide the best possible employment opportunities that are tailored to our candidates, we need to process certain information. We only ask for details that will genuinely help us to help candidates find a new role, such as name, contact details, education details, employment history and immigration status (and other relevant information you may choose to share).
Where appropriate, and in accordance with local laws and requirements, we may also collect information related to diversity, security clearance status or details of any criminal convictions.
How and Why do we collect Data
We may obtain candidate information from any number of sources:
- When you apply for one of our jobs via a job board
- When you are referred by a friend / colleague
- Your online profiles from various job portals
- We only collect information that is reasonably necessary for the proper performance of our activities or functions.
- We do not collect personal information for any other purpose other than the intent of providing services of job hunting and don’t collect if we have no present need for it.
- We may decline to collect unsolicited personal information from or about you and take steps to purge it from our systems.
- We check that it is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities as a an employment agency and on-hire Firm;
- We check that it is current, complete and accurate. This will sometimes mean that we have to cross check the information that we collect from you with third parties;
- Some information may be disclosed to overseas consultants we retrieve your information when we need to use or disclose it for our functions and activities. At that time, we check that it is current, complete, accurate and relevant. This will sometimes mean that we have to cross check the information that we collect from you with third parties – especially if some time has passed since we last checked.
- We destroy or de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed provided that it is lawful for us to do so